Thursday, May 24, 2007

Friday 's Feast

I want to try a few more memes since it will keep me writing, as long as I have time for it! I'm attempting a Friday Feast - for more, go see Annie's host blog!
You can also check out my mom's blog (link is always to the right) who also participates in this meme!

Appetizer: Name a sound you like to hear...

My new kitten purring every time I pick him up or play with him (for a picture, see a few posts down!). There has always been something so satisfying to me about a cat purring - I think it's because it's such a clear indication that they are happy and mostly that they are happy because of you. If only people were that easy to read...
I also really love Christmas music- way more than I should! It makes me feel nostalgic for warmth and joy and family - no matter what time of year I hear it!

Soup: What is your favorite kind of cheese...
I LOVE Brie, especially baked and then eaten with pears or salty crackers. It is a very rare treat when I buy it, and I haven't bought any for months. I should remember that next time I go shopping!

Salad: Do you sleep late on Saturday mornings? Why or why not?
It totally depends on the week - some weeks we have a lot to get done on Saturdays and I can't let myself sleep late. However, my favorite Saturday mornigns are those slow, gentle Saturday mornings allowing me to warm up to the idea of getting out of bed, but even sleeping late is about 9 o'clock (maybe 10, like if I'm sick). Lately, my body's alarm clock wakes me up around 7 or 8 regardless of how badly I wish I could keep sleeping. The important part is the cuddling and slow wakeup, even if it is a little earlier than I wish. I HATE it when Jesse gets up before me on Saturdays because I like to curl up next to him while I de-fog.

Main Course: When was the last time you forgot something? What was it and how long did it take for you to remember it?
It's not a big deal, but last Monday I kept forgetting that we were having our regular Monday dinner with our friends. I made a meal plan for the day and even bought the ingredients when I went shopping. Monday afternoon, Jesse called and mentioned that we might ride with some other friends out to their house and I was like "What? Where are we going?" - even though I had already been reminded about 6 times!

Dessert: Fill in the blank- "I notice _________ when _________."
I notice that the fuse for my already too-fiery temper shortens tremendously when I get fewer than 7 hours of sleep. I get far to impatient far too quickly about things that, if I am well-rested, I would normally gloss right over. It makes me very frustrated, since I already have a hard enough time controlling my temper...

1 comment:

  1. Well, it took me a minute to see that you are Kim's daughter! Nice to meet you :o). Kim is such a sweetheart (I'm sure you know that since she is your mom).
    What a great feast!
    I love to sleep too.

    annie
    My Life as Annie!

    ReplyDelete