Saturday, December 20, 2008

Snow, snow, beautiful snow

I wish I had a camera, especially a nice SLR that I knew how to use, because I would be snapping pictures left and right the last few days. We have had weather most uncommon for the Puget Sound area, with temperatures way below freezing into the teens, snow, ice, more snow, and then more ice. It is snowing at the moment, and SO cold outside! Jesse and I have hunkered down in our little house and while we have the heat running constantly to keep us relatively warm, it is still cold sometimes. Our front door leaks cold air in, so we have a blanket draped over the door and wedged into the frame to stop up the leaks a bit, and I think that's helping. The lakes outside our apartment complex are all frozen over, and the poor ducks just don't know what to do with themselves. I keep suggesting to them that they fly further south but they haven't followed my recommendations yet. We'll see what they do after tonight since...
We're supposed to get between 3-7" of snow (which doesn't happen every year here!!) with winds between 50-90 mph (they're just not sure which...) and possible freezing rain. This translates into nightmare road conditions for us and pure terror for my friends the ducks. Poor little guys.

I've been busy working on Christmas gifts and some baking. Jesse and I are settling to watch "The Polar Express," which he has never seen. I am enjoying being cooped up a little for the time being! 5 days until Christmas!!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment