Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Spit Saga Sequel + other thoughts

Well, the past few days we have seen no salivary "piles" either in front of our neighbors' or in the landing. This is wonderful news for us and the folks next door, too, I assume. We are so curious to know whether they caught someone or if the culprit just decided to quit. We'll be watching for any moving trucks, as this would be indicative of possible eviction.

In other news, I have been reading Julie and Julia over the past few weeks since I picked it up at Halfprice Books. Boy, am I glad I didn't pay full price for this, since it is truly one of the most boring books I have ever read. If I hadn't resolved to wade through it before having a movie night with my mom to watch the film, I would have totally put it down by now. Despite my probable status as a "foodie," I am so not into this book, which is weird, because I usually love reading about food - be it a cookbook, gardening, or autobiographical cooking stories. I'm really not that hard to please, but blah. Nothing happens in the book... I mean, sure, things happen like she cooks and her sink backs up, and her brother comes to stay with them in New York, and her good friend has an affair... and maybe I'm just not that into her writing style for most of the book. I have tried and tried to like it, but so far I'm not enthralled and I'm about 2/3 of the way through, so that probably isn't going to change. There are, admittedly, some funny parts, and she is a fan of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, which gives her a few points, but generally speaking, I think I will enjoy the movie more since I have heard it's more interesting and better all-around than the book. But, being a glutton for punishment in the name of being Type A, I will finish the book before movie night with my mom.

Having worked very hard this week, I stepped on the scale tonight and have lost 2 pounds since Monday morning! Hooray! Thank goodness for workout videos from the library, particularly the one that has individual 10-minute workouts... I love it. My abs, quads, and hamstrings sure are sore, but that's a good sign.

And last, but not least, no post would be complete without pictures of the object of my affection, the person who runs my life these days. Isn't she so sweet? I can't get over her beauty!
post signature

2 comments:

  1. happy post, Sarah! Congrats on the weight loss, great job on the working out, and your baby is a sweet, sweet thing! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the movie and loved it! The spit thing is too weird. Great job on the weight loss. My weigh in is tomorrow-yikes!

    ReplyDelete