Monday, October 11, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook, October 11


For Monday, October 11, 2010

Outside my window... stormy skies, trees turning color from green to gold. No birds in the cedar tree this morning which is strange!

I am thinking... about the grocery list I need to make, my mom's clam chowder for dinner tonight, when I will stop feeling nauseous and exhausted!

I am thankful for...my two babies, the one napping and the other I get to see on our ultrasound today! Here's hoping I'm further along than they initially expected, although I can't be disappointed if I'm not.

From the learning rooms...shape sorters and ring stackers. Adelaide has figured out how to put the two biggest rings on the stacker this week! It is so adorable how she looks up each time to see if we are going to clap and cheer for her.

From the kitchen...Amish friendship bread, pumpkin seeds drying for pepitas later today.

I am wearing...my nightie and a snuggly blanket

I am creating...a few Christmas surprise goodies! I can't post details or they may not be a surprise, although it is doubtful that the recipient would read this. I am also knitting a jumper for Lyddie in soft purples and greens.

I am going...grocery shopping, to get Lyddie's vaccination, to swing by the thrift store to drop off some old clothes, and to our ultrasound! Are we 11 weeks? 12 weeks? Who knows?

I am reading...Harry Potter #4

I am hoping...to start feeling better soon, that the Lord would bring an increase in our support this week, that He will guide and direct our decision making in the next few months.

I am hearing... just the clock ticking on the wall and occasional sighs and stretches from Jesse working in the other room- oh the blessed quiet of naptime

Around the house...cozy fall decorations, a clean red tablecloth on the table, toys put away but needing a new organization system!

One of my favorite things...a new week with new goals and hope!

A few plans for the rest of the week: dinner at my parents' tonight - yum! and no cooking for me! Hosting a Cookie Lee show for a friend on Saturday, and Sunday is a fun trip to the pumpkin patch with Adelaide and friends from church!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...this is Lyddie at 10 1/2 months with my glow-baby. She loves this little creature even more than her own glow-worm, which is so funny! I couldn't catch her on camera but she kept bending down to give it loves and kisses. I love this picture, since her smile here captures the beauty of her lovely personality.
For more Simple Woman Daybooks, visit here: http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment