Wednesday, June 01, 2011

May Glimpes

Amelia is five weeks old now and I am loving these pictures I snapped of her yesterday. It makes me happy that I had time to take a few shots, even if her bright-eyed alertness meant I didn't get a nap...


Millie is finally enjoying her bathtime, and actually really loves to be straight in the big tub with big sissy Lyddie. She is a pretty fussy baby, so it's nice to have a time of day that I can count on enjoying with her.
I keep wondering if she just seems fussy to me because I'm so tired and busy with Lyddie on top of baby-care, but I really do think she's on the fussier side. She wants to be held and rocked ALL the time, which I would love if I had hours and hours to sit and snuggle her, but there are times that I need her to be in the swing, or sleep in her bassinet, etc. I am trying so hard to enjoy her and every moment because that's what everyone says I should do and I know these days will go by fast and I will miss them. But in all honestly, I am tired out and eager for a few longer stretches of sleep at night. The last few days she has just been dozing throughout the day and not been willing to take solid naps, so my goal for the rest of the week is to work on routine with her. So far, it's going well today; she was up for an hour or two this morning and then took a 2 hour nap, then was up for an hour and has been down 2.5 hours. I will probably wake her in the next half hour to keep us on a good schedule so she will nap maybe one more time before bedtime. This is much better than yesterday when she just "cat-napped" for 15 minutes at a time yesterday and then cried the rest of the day.






In other huge news, we now have a (slightly tentative) move date of mid-September to get out the the Reservation, which is SO exciting for us. We are simply waiting for the details of our housing to be confirmed and are praying that the Lord would continue opening doors this summer. We are so anxious and excited to get out there and begin the work we have been praying about for so long now. You can read more about it here.

Lastly, I have begun "running." I hesitate to call it running because that sounds so serious. Mostly it's jogging with intervals of walking and sucking air into my lungs. I had seen this thing called "couch to 5K" around the internet for a few months and after making fun of people who love to run in my head for a while, I decided I was a fool and needed to start running and C25K was the right way to start, since it gets people running 5K in 9 weeks. I can see why people get hooked, especially moms, I have to admit I am hooked. It is one time I can consistently count on having alone (or with a friend) just being me throughout the week, and it really does feel good to know I am doing something I should have done a long time ago. I am determined to get in shape through this next year and do something about my overall health and hopefully prevent long-term problems if I can lose weight. My baby weight is all gone but I have a long way to go to be at my goal weight. I know I can do it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment