Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Really Pretty






I finally finished Lyddie's Poppy hat (immediately above), my third and final edition of the hat. It is my favorite one!  

So I got to start working on the Sibella Babe for Rosie.  I love working with the Quince and Co. Chickadee, it knits up so beautifully even.  I put my shawl on a slight hold again so that I can get birthday knitting done by the end of April.  It is so sweet to me that Millie is asking for a new sweater.  As long as it's "really pretty."

Reading is the same, still working through The Magicians and getting inspiration from The Nesting Place.  Both great reads and couldn't be more different from one another. 

10 comments:

  1. those hats are cute! did you like the pattern? Looks like a speedy knit. Love the sweater and you know I love love love quince and co yarn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I... KIND of liked the pattern- I felt like the one that I followed the pattern exactly did not turn out great- the dark blue one... the ribbing should have been tighter in my opinion so an even smaller needle size maybe. I also didn't end up liking the folded over flap above the ear which didn't lay flat or tight enough for me- so with the third one I opted to omit the extra picked up stitches in the ribbing and like they way it fits and lays much better. Don't know if that makes sense to anyone who hasn't knit it, it's an unusual construction! I think the fact that it's knit flat makes it hard to tell how it's going to fit until you finally join the two sides into the round.

      Delete
  2. I love those hats! SO many great things to knit and so little time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty pattern for such a pretty pink. :) Your girls are such adorable models, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those hats are precious! I think I see a couple of them in my future! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. they are so cute!!! lovely hats... :) blessed Lent to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your hats are adorable !!! i must look into The Nesting Place... looks interesting

    ReplyDelete
  7. The hats are so cute! :) I love the picture on the top, the Nesting Place looks good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Poppy Hats are so precious! I'm going to have to show them to my Emma! :)

    ReplyDelete