Wednesday, November 30, 2016

rough

















It's been a rough week, friends, and it's only Wednesday.  No denying it.  When our house didn't close on schedule Monday (well, a month later than scheduled but rescheduled a few times already) because of an oversight on the part of the lender and then shortly after that we discovered that our sweet cat of five years is dead... Not a winning combo for a happy heart.

So I wait and cling to the only hope there is in my small mind right now:  God is God and knows what is best.   We pray for a miraculous provision that would allow our house to close before middle of December now, and meanwhile frustration cycles around in my head and heart over lame errors made by lame people.  Just, if you are willing, say a prayer because we are trying to buy another house so our timeline isn't just free and easy at this point. I know He can do it but whether He will or not, I don't know.  "Not my will but Thine, Lord."  Somehow I need to keep saying it and hoping I mean it more often than not.

My Buds and Bumbles shawl is coming slowly because I keep discovering an extra stitch at the end of the row and so I tink back a bit to fix it.  My mind isn't holding the pattern in place very well right now (see above...).  It's not even a hard pattern,  it's the same few stitches repeated in the same 8 rows over and over and I've got them basically memorized.  So there's that.  Fortunately I can't screw up my reading, and I'm really into Rebecca.  It's very good.  

Rolling beeswax candles.  That's therapeutic.  

{I've got to figure out how to adjust my settings on my camera and understand what is causing the grainy quality here and there.    They're nicely exposed for the most part but I'm such a newbie still at photography that I don't always catch what is wrong through the viewfinder and it's too late to adjust it now,  (suggestions welcome!} 

Joining the Yarn Along linkup today.  Are  you preparing for Christmas?  We are having a little "Night before Advent" family party tonight ala Ann Voskamp.  I know it's technically already Advent but our devotional and advent calendar and everything start on the 1st, so we're starting our Advent stuff tomorrow night.  New jammies for the girls wrapped up with cocoa and fixings, our advent devotional and Jesse tree ornaments.  They're going to be so excited!  

4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry about your cat... Losing our furry friends is always heartbreaking...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to scoop you all up and hold you tight today. There is nothing else I can say that I didn't already say on the phone yesterday--I love you and miss you and no matter how frustrating things may get, Dad and I are always in your corner and praying--and no matter, no matter, no mater... God is still on the throne. God knows you and loves you and is working for your good. <3 xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry, I'll be praying for you all. As for your camera maybe your pixels are too low which can lead to grainy photos. you can upload to google photos on blogger photos that are 800x800 pixels or less for free. so up the pixels? your photo says 280 × 186 pixels.

    hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you have a lot on your plate right now. I said a prayer that things have fallen through so far because God is planning something even more marvelous for you. I am so sorry about your cat - it is so hard losing our furry friends.
    Your kids are beautiful. We are a home of redheads, too, and looking at your little ones reminds me of when mine was smaller.

    ReplyDelete