Friday, January 05, 2018

Yarn Along cozy January





What a sweet thing to learn that the Yarn Along community is returning to Ginny's blog after a year's hiatus.  I have missed having a simple place to connect to other knitters and their projects!  
I am mainly knitting right now for The Clever Hen, (yes, I opened up a little shop this past fall and have been kept busy!) and am thankful for the orders I've received.   Currently on the needles is a hat I designed from an Anthropologie-inspiration; I wear my prototype (second picture above) all the time and hope that others will too. The big, feminine ribbon is able to go in the side or back.  I'm planning to make others in gold and gray and a romantic dusty blue too, and I've toyed with the idea of producing the pattern for sale eventually. 
I'm also working on a chunky cable knit hat in teal that will be topped with a big cream or gray pom pom... also for the shop...
And I just cast off a huge chunky cowl with the cutest bobbles; I love that cream with the glittery gold thread running through it so subtly. The (free!) pattern by While They Play Designs can be found here.  I've knit three of these over the years over the years as gifts and LOVE the pattern.  This one is going in the shop too (do you sense a theme to my January knitting?) along with a dark gray with a silver thread.  
I'm (obviously) excited about the different ideas and goals I have for the Hen this year.  <3 a="" been="" but="" cross-stitch="" few="" font="" for="" have="" haven="" i="" knits="" knitting="" lately.="" m="" much="" myself.="" nbsp="" needles="" not="" on="" personal="" t="" the="" them="" too="" ve="" when="" worked="" working="">
I've started my reading game strong this year; I'm on track to finish all three of the books pictured by the end of January. Robin Hood is a pre-read for school, the others are just for me.  I love the Madeline L'Engle series and was glancing back through my book journal for an entirely different reason when I realized I last read them almost exactly 11 years ago.  I couldn't believe it has been that long; it felt like only a couple years.

So happy about all the links I get to click through at this first Yarn Along of 2018 at Ginny's Yarn Along.  

5 comments:

  1. Pretty hat and wow that is a strong start to the New Year with your reading! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your hat with the cables it looks so cozy and chunky. It's great you already read a few books! I am happy Ginny is back with her yarn along too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely hat and you look sweet in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. enjoyed your post

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hats are beautiful. I really like the fair isle.

    ReplyDelete