Monday, May 14, 2007

Menu Plan Monday!


I have been looking forward to this post since last week - it's fun! I've planned to make 3 dishes from recipes posted on the blogs that are listed on Laura's website, and I'm excited to try them out! Since I actually meal plan on Saturdays and go from Sunday-Saturday, so I already tried the first one:

Sunday: Tuscan white bean soup (I actually blended it all up so it was thick and pureed - it was okay. My husband loved it, but the texture actually sort of turned me off...) and homemade white bread (one of my best loaves yet!)

Monday: dinner with friends (we had delicious Cajun chicken made on their George Foreman... )

Tuesday: Shrimp fried rice (which I found online on a blog and wish I could remember which one so I could give credit where credit is due - sorry!!) and Light-n-Tangy Asian Salad

Wednesday: Mom's Cheesy Chicken over rice (**recipe to follow**) and biscuits --Bible Study night, so I always have something that will go a long way prepared

Thursday: Apricot Glazed pork roast from Sarah's blog and instant mashed potatoes

Friday: Sweet and Spicy chicken on the grill

Saturday: Pizza pancakes from Laura's blog

A backup plan is for taco salad... I forgot about our dinner plans with friends tonight when I was grocery shopping so I'm all prepared to make taco salad this week or next...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
**Cheesy Chicken Recipe** (I make this for two, but mom makes it for 6+ but adding more chicken and maybe more of each ingredient... this version serves us two for dinner plus lots for leftovers!)

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 can cream of mushroom soup (I use campbell's 98% fat free to reduce calories)
1 can cream of celery soup
1 can cheddar cheese soup
(finishing touches: 1/2 c. sour cream and some chopped mushrooms)

Put all ingredients except sour cream and mushrooms in the crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours. For last 1/2 hour, add sour cream and mushrooms and shred chicken with two forks. Serve over rice (or pasta). So yummy!

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I'm wondering if you could make the garlic chicken just using chicken breasts? It might work.

    Great menu this week!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete