So, June 2nd says:
Today, find some way that your husband is serving you or your family. Does he help around the house? Take care of the car? Fix things that are broken? If your budget allows, give him a new, small tool with a big bow attached. But make sure he doesn't think it's part of a "Honey Do" list!Maybe your husband's not a handyman, but does he run errands for you? Let you go first? Take care of you when you are sick? Help you make decisions? Praise him for his willingness to serve others. Let him know that you see his unique service as a great strength.
My husband does help around the house. He does all of the things listed - run errands for me, let me go first, consider what I want to do, help me make decisions. Tonight when he gets home, I will thank him for all of those things. Some specific examples I want to use:
1) Taking initiative to put up a ledge for me to put my plants outside on our porch a few weeks ago. It has come in so handy and it wasn't even something I asked for or thought of!
2) He comes with me to the grocery store even though I know he hates it. I know he does it because I like to have company while I shop, since I feel like it goes so much faster. I really appreciate his willingness to come with me and not complain about it
3) He is considerate about the movie choices on our Netflix queue. I know it sounds silly, but it's so special to me that he pays attention to whether we've seen a lot of the movies that he has selected, and then bumps some of my choices to the top.
4) He almost always pumps gas in my car for me, since I don't like doing it. We're usually together when we get gas, but he always jumps out of the car to do it. Another thing that sounds little, but I know it's his way of putting me first, even if it's not a conscious thing for him.
5) He does such a great job of leading the Bible study that meets in our home, making time each week to prepare thoughts and conversation starters. I love this about him and respect him greatly for the effort and time he takes to serve and lead others.
My husband is a great man of God and I am so privileged to be married to him. I look forward to a lifetime of growing together through the joys and bumps along the way.