Thursday, June 14, 2007

Stemming from my mother...

Last week, my mom wrote a post with lots of pictures of hankies, her "show and tell." I thought it would be fun to respond with a post of my own with my hankies so she can see how she's passed down even her tastes in collecting... actually she's probably given me most of these hankies.

Most importantly to me, she talked about the hankie she carried down the aisle with her new intitials when she got married, and how she passed that hankie down to me with my new initials. I do treasure it, just as some her commenters said I probably do. I can't wait to pass it down to my daughter (Lord willing!) with HER new intials in the next corner! I think it's a beautiful idea. Here's a couple pictures:

I also have a hankie that I embroidered when I was in 4th grade. It is such a vivid memory, sitting in our living room with all my girlfriends and our moms teaching us how to embroider... i still treasure the hankie. I wonder if those girls still have theirs...

My mom's collection is beautiful and probably the beginning of my love of them as well. I love feminine and lacy things, and could anything get more feminine and lacy than handkerchiefs?

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you had so many of your own! Yours are pretty too and how fun that you still have that little embroidered one. It was fun to see my wedding one again! ;)
    Mom

    ReplyDelete