Thursday, June 14, 2007

Catch up

So, I guess I decided to take a break from blogging on my week off as well... it wasn't really intentional, but I've been literally doing nothing, and it's been glorious, despite the fact that I'm a little guilt-riddled for it. Ah well, what is there to be done? Nothing much except enjoy it while it lasts and force myself to not feel guilty for reading away half the afternoon and then napping the rest of it away. I'm even largely caught up on housework, with laundry put away for once, instead of sitting in the basket until the basket's been emptied by my taking things out of it during the week.
I haven't made time for the encouragement challenge in a structured way, although I haven't forgotten about it. I read through the last few days' worth of challenges this morning and was actually greatly encouraged. I don't mean to sound as though I have it all together, because I DEFINITELY don't, but I am so thankful for my marriage and solid foundation Jesse and I must have already had before we got married. Thanks to my parents and probably my pastor who did our premarital counseling, I feel as though I already think about and make an effort to do all of the things Nancy Leigh DeMoss is suggesting we think about it. Not that I do them perfectly by any means, but so far, no huge area of conviction or sin has really stood out to me while reading through her suggestions. I think also that I've done a lot of reading - books for women about godly womanhood, or listened to a lot of sermons re: Biblical views of what a godly wife should look like or be striving toward.

And Jesse makes it so easy. One of the topics for one day was money - respecting your husband for the way he manages money, helping your husband with money, etc. Jesse is careful with money - he is not an extravagant spender and never makes big purchases (well, pretty much never makes big purchases, but when/if he does) without talking it over with me. He is very godly in his view about whose the money is and is striving to consider the best use of our money. He has a real heart to help those in need, and as Christians, we're called to help the poor, so we're now looking to consider how we can be sure we're doing what God wants us to do with our money.

There's more... in fact, I had written a lot more, but then blogger made an error and I lost it, so forget it. My husband is great, he is a true joy to love and encourage and submit to. I could not ask for a more godly head other than my Lord Jesus, and since Jesse submits to Him as His head, it works out rather superbly.

I guess I should go do some errands. Or get dressed, or something, now that it's noon. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment