Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Simple Daybook


This is an interesting guide to simply journaling and reflecting. The questions are nice and even calming.

For today... (March 3rd, 2009)

Outside my window...sunshine, glorious sunshine. My garlic chives and strawberry plants poking their heads up, struggling to meet the sun.

I am thinking...my kitten's habit of playing fetch with wine corks is bizarre and adorable.

I am thankful for... a husband who has cleaned the house, done laundry, and is doing the grocery shopping while I'm at home feeling yucky! I wish all women were so blessed! I can't overemphasize what he's done today, he's been working the whole day around the house!

From the kitchen...homemade chicken noodle soup tonight with baking powder biscuits.

I am wearing...my cozy fleece pink pajama pants and floral long sleeve shirt... if I have to feel sick, I am going to feel comfy while doing so!

I am creating...a lace knit shawl to go with my fancy dress for my work auction at the end of the month (but am discouraged because I've had to tear it out at least three times. I'm also waiting for a mirror to arrive in the mirror to insert in a beautiful frame I found at the thrift store over the weekend!

I am going... nowhere fast today!

I am reading..."Same Kind of Different As Me" (Ron Hall and Denver Moore) with my husband, and "Sarah" by Orson Scott Card. I also just started "Faithful Women and Their Extraordinary God" by Noel Piper this morning.

I am hoping...that the Lord provides support for us to be missionaries in Yakima within the year and that he will bless us with a beautiful family.

I am hearing...the dryer rattling upstairs and an Over the Rhine album on the stereo

Around the house...I have "new" couches finally! They are beautiful and perfect for our little home, much more fitting than the other hand-me-downs we were blessed with when we first married and had no money!

One of my favorite things...is wisely using our resources to make our home comfortable, organized, and beautiful - thank you Lord for Goodwill!

A few plans for the rest of the week: assuming I feel better tomorrow, back to work! We have Bible study tomorrow night, Deacon's meeting on Thursday and are headed out of town to Portland for the weekend for a long-overdue getaway!

Here is picture thought I am sharing...my new couches, aren't they pretty?! What a steal off Craig's list! (and one of my kitties enjoying them as much as I am... hi Chloe!)

Visit The Simple Woman's Daybook for more entries!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Hello!
    Thanks for the kind words!
    You might be a kindred spirit... Several of my favorites would match yours. My family is beginning the process of raising the support to become missionaries to the US/Mexico border. And I'm always in need of some menu plan ideas. I'll be back. :-)
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete