Wednesday, September 09, 2009

30 weeks

Okay, so this is a HORRIBLE picture of me and I hate the shirtI have on; totally unflattering! I usually look much cuter than this picture that was taken the day my mom and I were canning. However, I was definitely going more for comfort that beauty , so this is a pretty "real" picture of me - haha! My mom also made me turn ALL the way to the side, which is also part of the problem.
The baby is clearly growing, and there are only 10 weeks left until my due date! I haven't really gained much weight still, but I feel like I look huge all around in this picture. Maybe soon I will try to get another better picture, but my energy for anything these days is sorely lacking, so we'll see.
My work has a really fun tradition we call "Baby Fairy," and anyone who is pregnant with their first baby is showered with anonymous gifts on their desk the last part of pregnancy. I love coming up to my desk after doing therapy and finding all sorts of little goodies like clothes, hats, chocolate, and toys! It makes the long days feel shorter and full of fun. The double blessing is that it's anonymous partly so you aren't overwhelmed with a million thank you notes to write! Right now there are at least four of us pregnant at work right now, which would make for a lot of thank yous!
I am working hard to figure out how to slow down at work and at home, but right now I'm having to do extra work so that I can start slowing down. Pretty soon some of my kids will be at home with new therapists, which will be a huge blessing because I have been starting to have some serious back and hip pain, exacerbated by all the up and down on the floor, running up and down the stairs, etc. I also have so much paperwork to do that I would sure love a little more time in my day to do that, but right now I'm still meeting with most of my families as they transition to other caseloads. This makes for looonngg days but there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. I think you look beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do too! (in response to Lani!)

    ReplyDelete