Monday, October 12, 2009

35 weeks

Today marks the development of another week of our pregnancy and it feels like it's getting down to the wire. When I think about the fact that I'm technically "full term" in 2 weeks, I get a little stressed and start praying for the Lord to keep this baby in until at least 39 weeks, so we have at least a week in our new place once we move (at 38 weeks).
All the ups and downs of hormones along with some major life changes are affecting me, and Jesse is being so sweet. I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful husband who loves and cherishes me and was willing to come home from a long weekend of being in a wedding and helping haul wedding gifts multiple places and then came home and offered to deep scrub our bathtub so I could soak for a while. Then while I was soaking, he thought to bring in candles and turn out the light so it was even more relaxing - what a guy, right?! I definitely have a good one. Plus, he is patient with my mood swings, which is so important right now. I love him and am so thankful to have a husband who is so perfect for me. He is going to be a great dad and he is so impatient for his little girl to come out so he can hold and snuggle her.
I have had such a difficult time sleeping lately; it's not so much difficulty falling asleep and it's not always because I wake up to go to the bathroom. Last night I woke up with an upset stomach around 1:00 and just couldn't sleep and couldn't get comfortable. I finally got up and read the Bible downstairs and dozed on the couch for an hour and a half before stumbling back up to bed in hopes that I could fall deeply asleep again. I ended up sleeping just fine after that until my alarm went off. People say it's preparation for when the baby comes, but that seems ridiculous to me, since it seems like getting as much sleep BEFORE the baby comes would be much better preparation! Oh well.
I have many projects to tackle this week, including packing, grocery shopping and other things so I should go make a to-do list and get these things out of my head and onto paper. I am hoping for another happy and healthy week as we try to accomplish a multitude of tasks along with resting and making time to relax on occasion.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment