Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Most Interesting Post You Will Ever Read

I have felt very uninteresting the past few days. And when I'm not feeling uninteresting, I've been too busy. Plus, Adelaide has been squirmy during feedings the last couple of days, which make it way too hard to type while feeding her. All of these things add up into no blogging.

Have I mentioned that a year ago we were headed to Mexico for a week? Where we ate fresh oranges off our hostess' tree and spent all morning and afternoon fellowshipping and studying with other missionary candidates? Here's Bill and Tina (and Jesse). They're also raising support to join Sacred Road in Yakima. We just found out that they're also around 25% along with their monthly support pledges. We got to meet them in Mexico and then met their 4 girls in April last year. We love them and miss them.
One of the things I've been so busy doing is increasing my tennis score on Wii Sports, and let me tell you, I am now a pro tennis player. I keep imagining scenarios when it will be handy to be an expert at Wii tennis, and have yet to generate anything less than completely outlandish, but if I think of something, I'll be sure to let you know. In the meantime, I will continue to hone my incredible skills at swinging a remote control at just the right time to hit a virtual ball - just in case it comes in handy eventually!

We also were supposedly having a party last night, wherein guys would play Risk (ugh) and girls would eat good food, take care of babies, paint pottery or cut out decorative snowflakes, and maybe watch a movie. Doesn't that sound fun? Unfortunately, I was the only girl in attendance, making that "fun" thing a little more difficult. Only one of my girlfriends was going to make it and then she remembered another obligation at church at the last minute. So I was one of those lonely housewives who stayed home and took care of her husband's friends while they ate and played games. It made me think of that scene in "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days" where Kate Hudson is doing her best to drive Matthew McConaughey away by hovering, putting out cigarettes, replacing all the junk food with healthy options and just generally being a nuisance. Instead of being obnoxious, I made chili and cornbread and brownies from scratch, which thrilled the 3 bachelors in attendance. Better yet, they took some of the brownies home with them, leading me to my next exciting announcement...

I'm participating in a BIGGEST LOSER CHALLENGE starting tomorrow! I haven't really decided whether I'm excited or dreading it, but maybe a bit of both. It is totally time to kick this big butt into gear and lose some weight. Some ladies on facebook, none of whom I have ever met in person, have all put $10 in a pot that now equals around $320 and whoever loses the highest percentage of body weight using only healthy eating and exercise by April 12, will win the pot. Now, I'd like to think I have a shot at the pot, but honestly, I lose weight sooooo slowly that I will be far from winning, even with the help of breastfeeding. The worst part of the challenge is that you have to... *shudder* post your weight for all the other participating women to see. YIKES, I am totally dreading that, since I am way overweight... but that alone is a big motivation to make this next 12 weeks count toward starting my post-baby weight-loss-get-in-shape regimen. Actually I have been doing that since shortly after she was born, so it won't be too much of a change except for more diligence in both eating well and exercising.
And last but not least, my baby all in pink and ready for church:
Maybe tomorrow I will have something more interesting to say... but for now this is as good as it gets...
post signature

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with Biggest Loser! I am doing WW with some friends and we have to post out weight to each other. I did WW after my babies were born and you can follow it while nursing . . . and you get a lot of points because of nursing!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am familiar with WW because I did it along with mom (informally) a few years back but have no idea how many points I would be allotted at this point. It does help me to evaluate foods using the points system though, since calorie counting is a bore. If I could afford it, I would probably do WW but just no money right now!

    ReplyDelete