Monday, December 31, 2012

I Asked For This


Oh, Lord, let me be spent today, poured out to bring Your light and life to my family and all those around me.  Let me make this prayer without qualifiers; without the reservation that I will do it as long as it's not too hard or tiring.  In those times when I can hardly keep my eyes open or feel frustration fast-approaching, give me courage and strength to be emptied so I can be filled.  Remind me that I longed to be emptied of myself and filled with more of You.  Remind me that Your grace is sufficient for the work You have called me to today and the work that You have prepared for my tomorrow and my next day and all my next days.  One foot in front of the other, I trust You with this day and ask that You would "bind my wand'ring heart to Thee."

And then, when I forget, remind me that I asked for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment