Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Yarn Along, June 18



~Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading!  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well.  So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now?  What are you reading?  Take a photo and share it on your blog.  Leave a link over at Ginny's Yarn Along to share your photo with the rest of us and then comment here so I am sure to pop over and see as well!~


This week I am still working on Rosie's Rio dress.  It's a fun pattern with enough stockinette that I can work on it anywhere, can pick it up and put it down without getting lost, and can even work on it in the evening when I'm exhausted.  The seed stitch panel down the whole front keeps me from getting too bored but it's not so much seed stitch that it's annoying.  My gauge seemed to be just a little small so I was worried that it would turn out too small, but it's looking fine and my hope is that she will be able to wear it this fall and/or winter.

Here's a link to pictures of Amelia's Acacia that I finished last week!

I have been squeezing in a lot of reading lately while nursing or before bed.  Last night I foolishly stayed up way too late and finished Beauty by Robin McKinley and OH I loved it as much as I did when I was young.  It has stayed with me all day, the beauty and romance of it.  I am still listening to Jane Eyre over at the Craft Lit podcast which is also so romantic and dramatic and always has been one of my favorites.  Not as romantically, I picked up The Strong-Willed Child by Dobson to help me think through this two-year-old and read a couple paragraphs at a time during the day. Since I finished Beauty, I decided to start The Eyre Affair this morning, since my hold came through at the library a little faster than I expected.

And because I just love these pictures... here are my oldest and youngest telling secrets.  Adelaide is three and Rosie is seven weeks old.  Sweet sweet sisters.  







6 comments:

  1. precious photos of your sweet babes! and your knitting is sweet, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, beautiful, beautiful girls.

    :) Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:20 PM

    Oh my what gorgeous pictures and sisters always share their sisters and you are never to young to start. I love Amelia's Arcaia and Rosies dress is just going to look darling ! Look at Miss Rosies fab head control on her tummy, what a little star !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen that pattern before, it looks like a lot of fun to knit! Nice yarn choice as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, your little girls are adorable!!!! Yes, Swallows and Amazons has about 10 books in the series. We still have two more to go after the one we are on. They are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love me some little girls! Your Rosie dress is turning out lovely! You know I already love Millie's Accacia!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete