Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Yarn Along and More






I am working on an In Threes Cardigan for Millie (size 2) with Cascade Superwash yarn.  I am also working on little purple Magic Slippers for her since I had promised to make her slippers in her favorite color.  I am adapting a baby booties pattern to a toddler size and it's a pain.  Now that I've got it, I think it will be okay but I still haven't been pleased with the bind off.  After several attempts, I went with EZ's sewn bind off and it's the best one so I am going with that and will experiment on the next pair further.  The slippers are Knit Picks Swish DK and they're really soft.  Join us over at Ginny's for more Yarn Along fun!

I usually try to keep my Yarn Along posts separate from my posts with glimpses into our lives, but since we are out of town this week I figured I better just hurry and lump them together since I haven't had much time at the computer. 














We are on a fundraising trip this week so we are staying with my parents in Seattle while visiting churches and Jesse has meetings.  Since we have only one car with us and didn't arrange to borrow much, the girls and I have been mostly at "home" all day but this morning we got out and visited with one of my best friends Melissa and her kids at the playground, especially since it's my birthday and I didn't want to sit around all day with the kids cooped up!  She also has three small kids so when we stopped into Panera for lunch after playing, we got a lot of "looks" like we had brought a zoo.  Which, in a way, we had... 6 kids four and under amounts to close to a zoo.  It was loud, messy, and most importantly, fun. 

Before we headed out of town to come, I took the girls to watch a parade in one of the nearby towns.  Lots of candy!  Our church/youth group had a float in the parade and it was fun to wave at all our friends.  Whew, though, it was hot!  September had not started to cool down last Saturday so it was almost 80 degrees by the time the parade began in the morning.  


4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:22 PM

    Love the In Threes sweater, I've done this one for Evelyn and it's been a great sweater, she now needs it in a larger size! Loving the family snaps and hope your having a great time visiting your Mom, from the pic she sure looks like she's enjoying your visit. Hope you had a great birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the sweater too! We are having a great visit!

      Delete
  2. great cardigan on the needles and it looks like you are having fun while visiting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We really are, now if the kids would just sleep away from home...

      Delete