Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Birthdays!













April birthdays come and gone.  When you have three family birthdays within three weeks of each other, it makes for a really busy month.  We had a big celebration this past weekend which was a lot of fun.  The highlight of the evening for me was definitely watching Rosie enjoy a smash cake for her first birthday.  That girl was not only thrilled about the cake but about the attention she was getting from everyone; she has become quite a little clown!  Today was her actual birthday, so now my darling baby is officially one.  My next baby is officially three.  Where is the time going?

I have made a little more time to knit again; I am still working on Rosie's In Threes cardigan and planning what to do next.  I am reading a few books, having finished several the last few weeks.  I just started Agatha Christie's The Mystery of the Blue Train and am reading A Horse and His Boy by C.S. Lewis as well.  I finished Laura Ingalls Wilder's On the Banks of Plum Creek as well as The Penderwicks on Gardam Street by Jeanne Birdsall.  The latter I had returned to the library unfinished a few months ago and grabbed it off the shelf again recently.  I devoured the second half in spare moments here and there;  it is so reminiscent of old-fashioned children's literature - you know the kind, where kids have all kinds of adventures with minimal adult involvement- but set in modern time, and therefore, easy to relate to in a different way than say, some of E. Nesbit's books.  I will definitely enjoy reading about the Penderwick sisters to my gaggle of little girls one day. 

Joining up with Ginny for Yarn Along again today!

4 comments:

  1. Love the cake pics!! Priceless! That smile. :) Happy birthday to your April b-day peeps! We have three in August (plus our anniversary), so I know how you feel -- 3 within 10 days of each other makes for craziness! We've taken to holding one big celebration for all three ever since my Daniel turned 13. Glad you are knitting (interested in test knitting a shrug for me? no pressure!). I'm halfway through "On the Shores of Silver Lake" and loving it. You'll have so much fun reading the Little House books and so many other to your girls through the years! What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am interested in test knitting a shrug- ill pop over and mention it on your blog too in case you don't see this! I almost picked up Silver Lake but decided to take a quick break from Laura.

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed the photos and the smash cake!! She love the camera and she is delightful to see on the blog. Happy birthday to all of your people celebrating :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that cake experience is so precious! I'm sure it was delicious, too! Glad to see that you're doing well! Hope you get some R&R.

    ReplyDelete