Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Yarn Along, June 10

Well, after working hard to complete a diaper soaker for Rosie this week and discovered that a "large" for this pattern would best fit if she was still wearing diapers at age 7.  Or maybe I could wear it as underwear.  Nah, I think I'll just rip it out and try again with a smaller size.  I cast on a Bulle for Lyddie, a pattern I've been wanting to make for her for at least a year because I think it will look really adorable on her.  

I'm still working my way through The Scent of Water and still enjoying all the interesting characters.  I just picked up The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society audiobook from the library today and started listening to it a little this afternoon. The jury is still out, but I haven't listened enough.

This is Lyddie's first experience with Pop Rocks.  Her reaction was so cute; she was very serious for the first minute they crackled in her mouth and then she started laughing.



 And here is her reaction to Baloo in The Jungle Book, which she really loved.  I know the pictures are blurry but I loved what it captured in spite of the fact that I didn't get the settings just right on the camera. 



 "Mommy, will you take a picture of me?  I want to be a scientist when I grow up; can scientists wear glasses?"





Joining up with Ginny for Yarn Along day! 

2 comments:

  1. I haven't had pop rocks in years! I'm glad you are reknitting the soaker, that is a sign of a true knitter-the ripping out part. You have beautiful children who are oh so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember pop rocks and the first time my kids had them (which isn't/wasn't often). Love the pic of your future scientist - adorable! Hope the sizing on the soaker turns out this time. :)

    ReplyDelete