Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Yarn Along- Shalom

I think this may be the last week you see my Shalom cardigan!  I am adding some extra length to go with the larger size I am making before I begin the  garter band at the bottom. This has been a delight to knit. This yarn is so squishy and heavy and I am looking forward to its cozy warmth as the days will surely eventually cool into fall...

I put aside The Egg and I. The glimpse of anti-Native American sentiment I had early on into the writing was apparently only going to worsen or at least continue, making it a terrible fit as that would anger and irritate me too much to make time for regardless of how funnyuch of it was. So instead I picked up A Chance to Die by Elisabeth Elliot (Amy Carmichael's biography) and since it's not the most gripping reading (at least in the early portion of her life,) I also picked up North! Or Be Eaten by Andrew Peterson,  one of my all time favorite singer/songwriters. This series he's written for young adults is truly excellent and highly reviewed by a range of artistically talented people. I read the first, On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness last year and decided to stop saving the sequel and enjoy it now. One chapter in and it's exactly the right decision for this fall.  I can't recommend these enough, especially for older boys (and girls!) who need something adventurous and inspiring.
Oh! If you haven't heard, all seven seasons of Gilmore Girls will be on Netflix streaming in October so we are excited to watch the second season soon! Perfect knitting TV.
Well that's all from me folks! Joining in with Ginny's Yarn along as usual!

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see how your Shalom turns out. I love that color! I love when I find a good "knitting" series to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Andrew Peterson's music! I first found him through his song "Matthew's Begats". :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you'll share a photo modeling your Shalom! I still haven't cast mine on yet... too many irons in the fire! Or is that needles in the yarn? ha! Happy knitting, Sarah! xo Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is going to be one gorgeous shalom!! can't wait to see the FO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Shalom sweater, Sarah! Love the red color.

    ReplyDelete