Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Scallops and Foxes







Top:  Little Scallops:  a Christmas gift, a bit big for my littlest scallop but that's a much better problem than the other way around. My first pom-pommed hat and my second stranded project.  I thought my tension turned out pretty well especially considering the yarns are two different weights. 

Foxy Cowl (Ryder Raccoon with orange and black) all woven in and happy modeled by my biggest scallop. I'll be taking a long break from bulky yarn.  It makes my hands tingly and sore and I was thrilled to cast on that little pink hat after three in a row chunky knits.

I participated in Donna's knitters swap this past month and my goodies came in the mail today from my partner; this lovely red yarn from The Woolen Rabbit was included!  So excited and in love with the color... I always love the stage of dreaming about what a yarn will become, this gorgeous hank of possibility.  It almost perfectly matches the red of my everyday winter coat so this may become a hat for me.  What a sweet and precious surprise that I will treasure.  

Ten days.  The countdown is in single digits tomorrow and I am so thankful that most of errands are now done. Many of the gifts are under the tree and the little eyes keep shining. Our Jesse tree is filling up with ornaments and I keep filling up with the amazing truth that my brokenness actually makes me fit in among God's chosen family.  

Linking up with Ginny for Yarn Along today as I do every Wednesday.  What are you crafting?  Did you see that Tin Can Knits is giving away a free pattern every day until Christmas? I missed the Antler Mittens yesterday which bummed me out, but got the gorgeous Sea Wall socks yesterday! Get today's pattern for yourself by visiting their blog!







9 comments:

  1. love the hat and the fox hat!! so cute and looks like a super fast knit :) Beautiful!! gorgeous skein of yarn from your swap, wasn't the swap fun??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hatton the fox are both wonderfully made. I haven't done much stranded Knitting, for some reason it intimidates me. Your new yard is quite lovely. Isn't it wonderful that God accepts us exactly as we are, and then He begins putting the pieces back together again? Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work mom! Cuteness all around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that scallop design, might need to make myself a similar hat! Awesome fox hood too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The scallop hat is so stinking cute! As is the fox. I decided to make a hat for hubby (it was 12 degrees this morning and ear muff just don't cut it). Somehow I don't think he'd go for either of these so it's back to Ravelry I go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! The scallops are so pretty and I love the fox!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sweet hats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That Little Scallops hat is on my knitting list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm avidly following the tin can knits giveaways, I love their patterns! I love your sweet projects, as always!

    ReplyDelete