Friday, July 20, 2007

Friday's Feast

Appetizer: On a scale of 1 to 10 (with 10 being highest) how much do enjoy watching sports on television?
For me that totally depends on what sport it is. Footabll, maybe 2 if the Seahawks are doing well and everyone is having fun watching it together. The Mariners/baseball, definitely an 8-9, especially when watching with my husband, since he is a Mariner's faNAtic. He cares so much about our team... so it's fun to watch with him. I would probably only occasionally turn on the tv to watch even baseball these days on my own, but I think that's because I just depend on him to know when the games are.

Soup: If you could completely memorize any one work of fiction, which one would you pick?
That is really tough because I love reading so much. I really don't know if I would want to memorize any entire work of fiction, even if it was really easy to do. Movies on the other hand... I have memorized completely "You've Got Mail." Much more fun than memorizing a book!

Salad: What is your favorite breakfast food?
Hm. I think I'll go with omelettes. They're pretty much hands down what I always order on the rare occasion we go out for breakfast. For some reason I have never loved pancakes overmuch, and I don't like sausage and bacon a huge amount, but I do like eggs a lot. I also like French toast, but it's always up to Jesse to make "big" breakfasts because I had making such a big mess in the kitchen so early in the day! I'm usually content with cereal or yogurt and toast for breakfast but I do humor him, as it's something he grew up with and cherishes those Saturday morning breakfasts.

Main Course: Name something fun you can do for less than $10.00.
Go to a used bookstore with Jesse and browse away an afternoon! I love the really good stores that sell beautiful books for, like, $2. You can come away with a treasure trove for $10!! On our honeymoon last year, we found this great tiny little hole-in-the-wall bookstore on the Oregon coast that was PACKED with books at amazingly cheap prices. We got so many books that we're still wading through them right now (we're reading aloud together The Haj by Leon Uris, which was one of my picks since I read his Exodus in high school and loved it.)

Dessert: How long does it usually take you to fall asleep?

Not long most nights these days. I usually read for a few minutes, something really calm (aka, not usually Harry Potter or something of the like- I usually have weird dreams if I read something that gets me excited right before bed). Right now I'm reading Practicing the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence for a few minutes most nights and after that (I hate to say) it's really easy to fall asleep because it's a little boring - insightful and very good, but just a little... boring. Which is just what I want before bed!

Check out more Friday's Feasts at Bridgets!

2 comments:

  1. You and me and used book stores! What a fun day that was in Bellingham when you were in college. I gave you an award--go see on my site!
    Love you--
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, a kindred spirit who loves "You've Got Mail". I also list that in my top 3 movies when I do memes and such. I adore that movie :)

    And bookstores, and reading, and whiling away a few hours in a bookstore with a coffee shop. Mmm, one of my favorite things on earth!

    Great feast!

    ReplyDelete