Friday, July 27, 2007

Home remedy

What do you do if your kitten has a big wound on his back that he keeps scratching and re-opening? If you're my Jesse, who grew up without medical insurance and routine doctor visits, first you try home remedies. Like this:And this:
While I'm sure it doesn't hurt or pinch anywere (it's tight but not THAT tight), he did spend the first 15 minutes flopping around like a fish out of water. It looked like he might have had a right-sided stroke with the way he kept collapsing and rolling. It was one of the most pathetic things I've seen. And like I said last night, this animals in pain concept is really not my thing. I was strong and held him down while Jesse did the manly thing and poured on hydrogen peroxide, some cleaning cream and fitted him up with his very own mini-saddle.

He's doing better now, though, and defiantly getting used to wearing it - and best of all, he can scratch at the gauze all he wants, but at least he's not scratching those sharp claws on damaged skin!

Here's my little "Demon Cat!" (which resounds loud and clear in the night when he attacks my feet as I hop in bed- ) Do you think he's PISSED OFF??

1 comment:

  1. Awww, poor baby! I bet it's helping, but I also bet it is slowly driving him crazy :)

    I hope it heals soon and he can get back to being a happy, normal kitty :)

    ReplyDelete