Thursday, June 18, 2009

Round Ligament

Before I got pregnant, I didn't even know what a round ligament was or that it even existed. It's funny how much anatomy we learn anytime we have an ongoing ache or pain - when we can truly say "I ache in places I didn't even know I had..."

This morning I woke up to the jolting memory that I needed to haul my butt out of bed and head to the grocery store for potatoes. No, really, it wasn't a weird pregnant dream (although I was having one of those at the same time where people in another part of the bedroom were whispering about me), I really did have to go to the store to buy potatoes so I could make potato salad for the potluck at work THAT I PLANNED and forgot about in spite of repeated reminders from other people and an email reminder from myself.

Note to self: keep the social planning at a minimum while the baby eats my brain for the next 5 months.

So I started to jump out of bed when my mind-of-its-own abdomen completely cramped, deciding I tried to turn it in just the wrong way. I looked around for Jesse to appreciate my pain and moaning and realized he was already downstairs, probably playing his MVP baseball XBox game. Turns out he was watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Hulu instead of being ever present and ready to assist his lovely morning-hair wife out of bed with her cramping Round Ligament.

Alone, I threw on some clothes, gave Jesse a withering look to say "I am going grocery shopping with a cramped round ligament and you are watching BUFFY?" ran to Safeway, purchased 4 red potatoes and two bottles of soda (while everyone around thought I must be sleepwalking since who goes to Safeway at 6:30 am and buys potatoes?) and dashed home to get them boiling.
Only to find out when I got home that the DAMN (yes, I cursed, that's how much I hate them) squirrels knocked over one of our lettuce sprout planter box and potting soil and sprouts are now all over the ground outside our front door.

Happy Thursday, my least favorite day of the week. At least I get potluck this afternoon.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment