Wednesday, December 09, 2015

yarn along


On my needles I still have some secret knitting.  I am excited to get back to my Hitofude eventually but it might be awhile; I am really hoping I have time to knit a little hat for my Rosie too.

Amanda over at Life and Times of Julian and Amanda has been doing a video yarn along podcast and it is so fun to watch and listen to her chat about her projects; go watch too!  I save it for when the kids are napping and then try to grab my knitting for a few minutes while watching. 

I am reading The Greatest Gift by Ann Voskamp as an Advent devotional each night before falling asleep. I love that everything I read there speaks to something the Lord is also showing me in the Bible study of John I am doing with ladies at church. "The greatest gift God graces a soul with is His own presence."  His own presence is Jesus!  He came!  Emmanuel - God lives with us. 

Besides a couple pages of that, Instagram is the closest I get to reading for myself this month.  If you want to find me over there I go by the creative username sarahdempsen.  It's my favorite social media for sure!

Knitting or reading this week?  Join in the fun at Ginny's Small Things blog!

3 comments:

  1. I have that book on kindle and I WILL start reading it today. I've seen it about on the yarn along. secret knitting is the bestest knitting ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I friended you on instagram. I'm flyingjen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm reading Ann's devotional, too, and I'm loving it. Each day is just the right length (I read mine in the morning), and I love the thoughtful questions, too. See you on IG. :)

    ReplyDelete